You recall what you see more than what you read. And if what you see is engaging, relevant, and of high quality, you cannot help but remember it longer and maybe even take some action on it.
Display Ads is all about showing your audience what you offer in the best quality possible, combined with the right message.
This combination makes display ads highly recallable, and brands often use it to help their prospects remember them.
However, if you want to leverage the power of display ads and improve your brand perception, you must be able to use them effectively.
So, in this post, a PPC expert of Digital Googly, a digital marketing agency in Kolkata, lists five tips to optimize your display ads to maximize return on investment (ROI).
Get ready to be amazed by the results of these tips!
- Examine and Eliminate Ad Placements
Addressing low-quality placement traffic is an excellent method to optimize display advertisements.
If you are running display ads and are not already monitoring and excluding low-quality and off-target ad placements, you’re more likely to encounter:
- Skewed campaign metrics.
- Budget runouts.
- Poor performance of landing pages
- Make a List of Custom Audiences
According to the PPC expert of our digital marketing company in Kolkata, custom audiences are a great way to target highly qualified leads by matching their interests and behaviors.
In addition to the benefit of running display ads in target groups, creating a list of custom audiences also helps you get more accurate results because you are more likely to reach the people who are most likely to engage with your ad.
For example, if you want to target corporate executives, you can create a custom audience of C-Suite employees making company and financial decisions.
- Exclude to Ace your Display Ads
Exclusions assist you in proactively obtaining greater value from website placements. This is why every one of the top digital marketing companies in Kolkata, including us, use the following exclusion types:
- Topic exclusions: Just as you can target specific pages in the Google Display Network, you can also exclude topics to prevent your ads from appearing on irrelevant pages to your audience.
- Demographic exclusions: In addition to picking specific demographics like age and household income groups you wish to target in your campaigns, you should also remove those you don’t want your adverts to appear for.
- Content restrictions: With content exclusions, you can choose not to show your advertisements alongside specific types of websites, videos, and mobile apps that do not align with your goals.
- Use Location Targeting
When optimizing display ad campaigns, you should employ location targeting to reach consumers in specific geographic areas. Here are some pointers to include and eliminate locations from your Google Ads targeting.
- Including new places – If you’re targeting Indian consumers, you should also target by state. This provides you with visibility into how each state performs and the flexibility to increase or decrease bids based on performance.
- Exclude if need be – You can also exclude countries outside India that may not correspond to your desired objectives.
- Bid adjustments for high and low performing regions – The digital marketing manager of our digital marketing company in Kolkata recommends examining your location targeting and seeing if you can alter your bids to be more competitive in areas where conversions are high. Look for opportunities where you are underperforming and consider changing your ads, lowering your bids, or excluding those regions altogether.
- Check Your Schedule
Determine whether it makes sense to run advertising all of the time or only during certain hours based on your business.
To begin, our PPC experts in Kolkata advocate segmenting all hours of the day into blocks so you can monitor ad effectiveness and find the best times to run your ads.