SEO is the acronym for Search Engine Optimization. There are many search engines like Google, Bing, Baidu,Yahoo! etc but in India the majority of searches are held on Google. Google becomes the online marketplace for all the brands selling different products and services. They have various web pages showcasing their offerings. Every site is looking to come to the first page of the search engine to increase their CTR (Click Through Rate) to generate leads and convert the traffic into successful business. There are various methods to optimize the website and those are parts of SEO essentials.
The following are the basic requirements of SEO:-
- Web Structure: A properly structured site provides useful information in a structured manner to the users. The navigation structure should be clutter-free for a decent user experience. Breadcrumbs should be applied in all the pages for the site crawlers to jump to various pages in the site.
- Quality Content: The content on the site should be well-crafted to meet the requirements of the users. It should provide relevant information to the users for their queries typed in. It is a very significant part of SEO mandates.
- Meta Title and Description: The search engine crawlers start their job by going through the meta title first. The keyword described in the page should be present in both the title and description.
- Related Keywords: The main keyword and the synonyms should be used contextually throughout the page content. They should be present in other prominent contexts in the site like the title, description, headings as well.
- Heading Tags: Within the content the heading tags like H1, H2 and H3 should be used in a structured sequential manner. The headings are also locations through which the search engine crawlers crawl through. The keyword should be used in H1.
- Interlinking: Linking the pages of a site with each other is known as interlinking. Better interlinking lets the crawlers jump to various other pages linked to the landing page. User experience wise the users find value in a site if they can get more and more queries answered from the same website.
- Loading Speed: The sites should be quick to load as the users won’t waste their time for slow pages. They have multiple options to look into. Any delay will not be entertained by the users.
The world of SEO essentials is very dynamic and it requires a great deal of hard work and perseverance to climb up the ranking ladder and reach the first page.