Web server security is the protection provided by website design companies. It guards the information that can be accessed from a web server. This type of security is important for any organization that possesses any web server. The adoption of security measures is particularly important since the server is connected to the internet thus making it most exposed to hacking. Therefore the user is required to be sure about the fact that a server is protected before entering any detail. The address bar has a small padlock symbol and a web address that starts with https://. The s stands for secured. The trustworthiness of a website is also needed to be checked.
We are aware of the threats of hacking. It needs mentioning that majority of security breaches are not intended to steal data or deface a website. The normal intention is to use the server as an email relay for spam. The other purpose may be to setup a temporary server where files with illegal contents might be saved.
- 1. Use of updated software: Keeping the operating system software, other application software like CMS, the antimalware solution and the website security solution updated are appropriate security measures. The user will have to choose a Web Development Services company who keeps the software updated. Such an organization should have a reputation for providing effective security.
- 3. SQL Injection attacks: It refers to that event when the hacker hacks web form field or URL parameters in order to gain an access to a server. With usage of standard Transact SQL it is easy for attackers to insert rogue code into query. These queries are used to change tables, obtain information and delete important data. The Website Design & Development Companies counter this problem by using parameterized queries. Most recent web languages are equipped with this feature and this can be implemented with ease.
- 4. Double Validation of form data:Server formation should be accompanied with access to perform both browser and server-side validation. With such access, the server will be able to block any insertion of malicious scripts through data accepting form fields.
- 5. Principles related to file uploading:Any user may require uploading files or images to the web-server. Hackers normally intend to introduce malicious contents that may force the website to compromise. The images can be malware. In order to avoid such situation. Uploading should always be done after adopting optimum precautionary measures. Website security is ensured by removing executable permission for the files barring these from being executed.
- 6. Using Hosting Provider: The website or server is required to be hosted by an appropriate hosting provider. Such a measure helps the user to be free from much of the website security risk burden. Such providers add to the level of trust too.
- 7. Appropriate password policy:It involves implementation of rigorous password policies and checking that these policies are followed. It also involves educating all the users on the importance of strong passwords. All the Website Design & Development Companies recommend that the password length is eight characters including upper and lower case alphabets, numerals and special characters. For an enhancement of security, it is required that the password is lengthy.
- 8. Https security:All the websites and servers are encrypted with an addition of https. This ensures non-usage and no-communication with fraudulent servers.
- 9. It is also advised that the users are recommended to user separate database servers and web-servers for individual business purpose. Such a measure will add value to security.